Tuesday, November 13, 2012

EPIC FAIL

Dinner tonight (this was actually last week) was almost an epic failure. But, my wonderful husband Billy was generous enough to run to the store, probably out of desperate starvation, but non the less, he saved dinner.
It started out as a great idea. Pulled Pork in the CrockPot and Texas Roadhouse Rolls from scratch!!!
I found the Roadhouse Rolls recipe on Pinterest (I love Pinterest). The pulled pork luckily is just a no brainer.
 Pork, water, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire....
 The rolls however were a different story. I've never made them before but I've baked stuff and had it turn out pretty darn good. But between a building headache, and whining preschooler and cranky infant, I somehow managed to screw up the recipe. My dough didn't rise like it should have and the rolls turned out like rocks. :o/
 I was too devastated to photograph the aftermath of my little dough pucks.
The Pulled Pork turned out really good though.
So after a rush to the store and a purchase of some King's Hawaiian Rolls, dinner was pretty good.  I will probably try to make those rolls again but I am still feeling a little defeated so it may be a while. ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment